Monday, August 30, 2010

Kitchen Sink Asian Chicken Pasta




Okay, so this is how I really cook. I look at a recipe. Make sure I have most of the key elements, and then I 'wing it' for the final dish. Perhaps this is why baking has been such a challenge for me. But it's just so much more fun to do it this way! I call this Kitchen Sink Pasta only because I use whatever vegetables are in my refridgerator at the end of the week. Anything that needs to be cut up and cooked goes in!

Kitchen Sink Asian Chicken Pasta
adapted from Nigella Express


Sauce

2 big spoonfuls of peanut butter
1-2 glugs low-sodium soy sauce
1-2 glugs sesame oil
1-2 glugs olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 glugs lime juice


Vegetables
snow peas
red bell pepper
red onion
2 green onions (white and green parts)
tbsp cilantro

1-2 cups cooked chicken


1/2 lb pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti)


Mix all the sauce ingredients together and pop in the microwave for 30-second increments until it is 'saucy.'





Put noodles in salted, boiling water and cook as directed on package.


Meanwhile, cut all vegetables, with exception of the cilantro, and put in a heated skillet with a little olive oil. I like my vegetables slightly cooked - just about 5 minutes or so.








Drain noodles, and put in large bowl. Add sauce, then veggies, then cooked chicken. Stir altogether, add cilantro, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment